|Edition: || UK (DVD)|
|Released: ||August 2003|
|Publisher: ||BBC Video|
|Format: ||1 x DVD|
Note: In July 2007, this DVD was one of 8 discs re-released in the UK with different cover artwork (in all cases, the discs and their contents were unchanged). The other DVDs which received the same treatment were Spearhead from Space, Genesis of the Daleks, The Hand of Fear, The Five Doctors, Revelation of the Daleks, Remembrance of the Daleks and The Movie.
The mysterious disappearance of an archaeological team is merely the prelude to a deadlier threat for the Doctor and his companions — the Cybermen want to destroy Earth, and will use any means at their disposal. The Doctor’s ingenuity is stretched to its very limits as he battles to defeat the Cyber army at any cost. But even he does not realise just how high that cost will be...
- Commentary by Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Matthew Waterhouse
- Putting the ‘Shock’ into Earthshock A brand new documentary, exclusive to this DVD, charting the development and creation of this story, and the unique effect it had on viewers
- CGI Effects An option to view this story with newly created, state-of-the-art special effects
- Location Film Sequences Presented in full and containing shots and dialogue cut from the finished show
- Did You See? A 1982 edition of the BBC2 review programme taking a look back at some of Doctor Who’s most memorable monsters
- Music-only Option Allows the viewer to listen to Malcolm Clarke’s specially composed score on an isolated music track
- Production Subtitles
- Photo Gallery
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
This story was originally broadcast on BBC1 between 8th - 16th March 1982