|Edition: || UK (DVD)|
|Released: ||September 2020|
|Publisher: ||BBC Video|
|Format: ||3 x DVD|
The TARDIS brings the Doctor, Victoria and Jamie to the coast of Kent, England, where the ESGO complex is drawing up natural gas under the North Sea via a huge network of pipes linked to their off-shore rigs.
But the Doctor is convinced he can hear something in the pipes, a heartbeat, something... alive? Others at the complex have heard it too, and one by one contact with the rigs is being lost. But Chief Robson will have none of it, and work will continue. And so it does... until sentient, aggressive seaweed begins attacking the base and taking over the personnel one by one, creating a spearhead from which it will launch its attack and enslave the entire human race... Can the Doctor discover a way to stop the weed advancing? Or does the only real chance of success lie with Victoria and if it does, can a way be found to utilise that without harming one of the Doctor’s very best friends...
Most of the BBC’s original master recordings for ‘Fury From The Deep’ were lost after the programme’s original transmission. However, audio-only recordings have survived and have been used here to create a brand new fully animated reconstruction of this lost classic.
- Episodes 1-6 (Colour Animation)
- Episodes 1-6 (Black & White Animation)
- Audio Commentaries (Episodes 1-6)
- Production Subtitles
- Surviving Footage
- Episode 6 Film Trims
- Episode 6 Behind the Scenes Footage
- Animating Fury From The Deep
- Fury From The Deep Teaser Trailer
- Episodes 1-6 Episode Reconstruction
- Info Text Subtitles
- The Cruel Sea — Surviving Fury From The Deep
- Photo Gallery
- The Slide Audio Drama
- The Visual Effects — Interview with Peter Day
- Interview with Victor Pemberton
- PDF ROM [sic] content