Note: This book was released after Virgin lost their Doctor Who publishing licence, so unlike Decalogs 1-3, this book doesn’t feature the Doctor at all: instead the stories are based on the ancestors & family of New Adventures companion Roz Forrester.
Following in the tradition of three previous highly successful and acclaimed short story collections, Decalog 4 pushes back the boundaries of the imagination with a new series of ten interlinked tales.
Here for the first time is the complete future history of a remarkable family, the Forresters. Each tale chronicles a different episode in the life of the clan — from their humble roots in twentieth-century South Africa, and all through their inexorable rise to control of the galaxy-spanning Earth Empire a millennium later.
As always, the editors have assembled a dazzling array of writing talent, from up-and-coming TV script writers to acclaimed science-fiction authors. And, as before, there are the usual contributions from talented new writers.
- Second Chances by Alex Stewart
- No One Goes to Halfway There by Kate Orman
- Shopping for Eternity by Gus Smith
- Heritage by Ben Jeapes
- Burning Bright by Liz Holliday
- C9H13NO3 by Peter Anghelides
- Approximate Time of Death by Richard Salter
- Secret of the Black Planet by Lance Parkin
- Rescue Mission by Paul Leonard
- Dependence Day by Justin Richards and Andy Lane