Note: This story was only released separately in the US. In the UK and Australia it was instead released as part of the Earth Story box set, along with The Gunfighters.
Little Hodcombe, 1984. The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough arrive in a small English village, looking forward to spending some time with Tegan’s grandfather. They soon discover that all is not well — Tegan’s grandfather is missing and the locals are reenacting dangerous war games from 1643.
With the past mixed up with the present, can the Doctor stop the games before an evil entity hidden in the village church awakens?
DVD EXTRAS INCLUDE:
- Audio Commentary by director Michael Owen Morris and script editor Eric Saward, moderated by Toby Hadoke
- Return to Little Hodcome Making Of with Michael Owen Morris, actors Janet Fielding (Tegan) and Keith Jayne (Will Chandler) and script editor Eric Saward (19 mins)
- Making the Malus Visual effects designer Tony Harding and model maker Richard Gregory are reunited with the Malus prop they built for the story (7 mins)
- Now And Then Location report from the villages of Martin, Shapwick and Tarrant Monkton (7 mins)
- From the Cutting Room Floor Extended and deleted scenes (9 mins)
- The Golden Egg Awards Peter Davison is on hand to collect a trophy from host Noel Edmonds (2 mins)
- Photo Gallery (8 mins)
- Isolated music
- PDF materials: Radio Times Listings
- Production Notes Subtitle Option
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
Originally transmitted January 19, 20, 1984