|Edition: ||UK (hardback)|
|Released: ||April 1982|
|(Not currently available)|
|(Unable to fetch price)|
Who would know more about alien monsters than a Time Lord?
Peter Davison, TV's Doctor Who, has chosen some of his favourite science fiction stories and put them into this book for you. Some are eerie, some are funny, some are terrifying — but all of them are out of this world.
Vurfing the Gwrx: It looked like an ordinary space invaders machine — but it was anything but a game...
The Wub: It weighed four hundred pounds and was the most edible of monsters with the most persuasive ways...
Ocean of Sound: Deep beneath the planet's surface the aliens were buried — but there was something else down there as well...
The Lights of the City: The alien inhabitants of the planet hated humans — and Todd was the last human left.
And five other stories to help you discover just who our neighbours in the galaxy might be... and what they might be up to.
- Ocean of Sound by Robert P. Holdstock
- Drizzle by Stephen David
- Beyond Lies the Wub by Philip K. Dick
- Semolina by David Langford
- Vurfing the Gwrx by Michael Scott Rohan
- Guardian Angel by Christopher Evans
- Don't Go West, Young Zann by Dyan Sheldon
- The Lights of the City by Garry Kilworth
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner by Allan Scott