|Edition: || US (DVD)|
|Released: ||October 2003|
|Publisher: ||BBC Video|
|Format: ||2 x DVD|
Radiation nil, oxygen normal, pressure normal... yet London is deserted, with no sign of life and no sense of normality. Exploring the decaying city sometime after 2164AD, the Doctor and his companions soon learn that it is not as empty as it seems. The Daleks — far from having been destroyed on Skaro — have conquered the world.
Nearly wiped out by storm and plague, the Earth's population has been commandeered by the Daleks into huge mining operations. Some humans have suffered the further indignity of being transformed into Robomen to serve the Daleks in their diabolical plans. Humanity's only hope for survival lies with a small band of resistance fighters who need all the help they can get.
DVD EXTRAS INCLUDE:
- Commentary by actors Carole Anne Ford and William Russell, producer Verity Lambert, director Richard Martin and Doctor Who expert Gary Russell
- Featurettes on designer Spencer Chapman, actors' reminiscences, Dalek voices, locations, camera blocking
- Archival featurette — Blue Peter: Valerie Singleton makes Dalek cakes
- Whatever Happened to... Susan? — 1993 radio production starring Jane Asher, written by Adrian Mourby and produced by Brian King
- Rehearsal film shot by Carole Ann Ford
- CGI Effects Option
- Production Note Option
- Photo Gallery
- BBC1 Trailers