|By:||Stephen Cole (ed.)|
|Rating: || 6.7 (14 votes) Vote here|
|Review: ||Not bad Read more (1 in total)|
|When: ||March 1998|
|Publisher: ||BBC Books|
Note: Audio readings of several of these stories are available: 5 of them were released together as a Short Trips cassette, while one story each was released on the audios Earth and Beyond and Out of the Darkness.
From Neolithic Earth to the furthest reaches of the universe in the far future, Short Trips brings together established Doctor Who authors and first-time writers in a collection of stories exploring the ever-changing worlds of the Doctor and his friends.
Witness the last days of the siege of Masada with the First Doctor and meet the Fourth Doctor's extraordinary 'old flame'. An evil enemy makes life difficult for the Seventh and Third Doctors, and while the Fifth Doctor is under attack on a sinister ship shrouded in fog, the Second may soon be guilty of a grave error of judgement... The Sixth Doctor's hopes of a holiday are dashed when he discovers a pleasure planet is hiding a shocking secret, and the Eighth Doctor is caught up in a deadly drama played out during the construction of Stonehenge.
And, of course, that's just the beginning...
Edited by Stephen Cole, this collection features stories by Jonathan Blum, Simon Bucher-Jones, Guy Clapperton, Paul Grice, Matthew Jones, Paul Leonard, Sam Lester, Steve Lyons, Paul Magrs, Daniel O'Mahony, Robert Perry & Mike Tucker, Evan Pritchard and Tara Samms.
- Model Train Set by Jonathan Blum
- Old Flames by Paul Magrs
- War Crimes by Simon Bucher-Jones
- The Last Days by Evan Pritchard (pseudonym for Rebecca Levene)
- Stop the Pigeon by Mike Tucker and Robert Perry
- Freedom by Steve Lyons
- Glass by Tara Samms (pseudonym for Stephen Cole)
- Mondas Passing by Paul Grice (pseudonym for Stephen Cole)
- There are Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden by Sam Lester
- Mother's Little Helper by Matthew Jones
- The Parliament of Rats by Daniel O'Mahony
- Rights by Paul Grice
- Wish You Were Here by Guy Clapperton
- Ace of Hearts by Mike Tucker and Robert Perry
- The People's Temple by Paul Leonard