Note: This story was only released separately in the US. In the UK and Australia it was instead released as part of the Peladon Tales box set, along with The Monster of Peladon.
Taking a test flight in the TARDIS, the Doctor and Jo make an inelegant landing on the planet Peladon. When they are mistaken for representatives from Earth, the Doctor soon finds himself chairing the committee of alien delegates assessing Peladon's petition to join the Galactic Federation. When one of the King's advisors is killed, the High Priest fears the ancient Curse of Aggedor is at work, but the Doctor suspects his old enemies the Ice Warriors are to blame. Can the Doctor and Jo uncover the identity of the saboteurs before a major diplomatic incident plunges them into war?
DVD EXTRAS INCLUDE:
- Audio Commentary by Katy Manning (Jo Grant), producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks, and production assistant Chris D'Oyly-John, moderated by Toby Hadoke
- The Peladon Saga — Part One "Making Of" documentary focusing on how the socio-economic climate influenced the stories (23 mins)
- Warriors of Mars Brief history of the Ice Warriors in Doctor Who (15 mins)
- Jon and Katy A look back at one of the most fondly remembered Doctor/companion pairings in the show's history (7 mins)
- Storyboard comparison Visual effects designer Ian Scoone's hand-drawn storyboards are compared to the final version of the opening sequence (2 mins)
- Photo Gallery (7 mins)
- Production Note Option
- PDF materials (DVD-Rom — PC/Mac): Radio Times Listings
- Digitally remastered pictures and sound quality
Originally transmitted January 29 - February 19, 1972