|Edition: || US|
|When: ||March 2010|
|Format: ||4 x DVD|
|New: ||$59.98 $29.99 Save 50%|
|New: ||CDN$ 44.98|
|Used: ||CDN$ 99.51|
The Third Doctor and Jo Grant face the combined might of the Daleks and the Master in these two classic 1973 adventures!
Frontier in Space (6 eps, 143 mins) In the year 2450 the Doctor is arrested as a spy as the fragile peace between Earth and Draconia is threatened.
Planet of the Daleks (6 eps, 140 mins) The TARDIS arrives on the inhospitable planet of Spiridon, which is hiding a terrible secret about the Doctor's oldest enemy.
Since the mid-1970s, episode three of Planet of the Daleks has only been available as a 16mm black-and-white recording, but for this DVD release it has been returned to full color!
DVD EXTRAS INCLUDE:
- Audio Commentary by actors Katy Manning, Prentis Hancock and Tim Preece, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks
- "Making Of" featurettes: The Space War (18 mins) / The Rumble in the Jungle (16 mins)
- Perfect Scenario: Lost Frontier (30 mins) / The End of Dreams (30 mins)
- Roger Delago: [sic] The Master (32 mins)
- Multi-colorization How color was restored to Planet of the Daleks Episode 3 (11 mins)
- Stripped for Action — The Third Doctor (16 mins) / The Daleks (14 mins)
- Blue Peter Two items on the theft of two Daleks from the BBC (12 mins)
- Photo Galleries (16 mins)
- Easter eggs (3 mins)
- Production Note Option
- PDF materials (DVD-Rom - PC/Mac): Production design drawings, Radio Times Listings
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
Originally transmitted February 24 - May 12, 1973