|Edition: || UK|
|When: ||May 2007|
|Format: ||1 x DVD|
Mortally weakened by the Spider Queen on Metebelis 3, the Doctor is forced to regenerate. His recuperation is cut short as UNIT investigate a spate of robberies involving components for a top-secret disintegrator gun. The culprit is quickly identified as a highly sophisticated robot built by Professor Kettlewell, which is being ordered to act against its Prime Directive.
Just how is the robot being used to carry out the sinister agenda of the Scientific Reform Society? And can the Doctor rescue Sarah from the robot's clutches and avert a nuclear war?
- Commentary by Tom Baker (The Doctor), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) and Terrance Dicks (Writer)
- Are Friends Electric? A new documentary examining Tom Baker's introduction as the Doctor and the making of his first story. Featuring Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Alec Linstead, Patricia Maynard, Michael Kilgarriff, Edward Burnham, Barry Letts, Philip Hinchcliffe, Terrance Dicks, Christopher Barry and George Gallacio
- The Tunnel Effect Graphic designer Bernard Lodge explains how he created the complex opening titles for Tom Baker's stories.
- Blue Peter Due to a 1974 strike, the Blue Peter team present the programme from the set of Robot
- Radio Times Listings Original listings from Radio Times (DVD-ROM PC / Mac)
- Photo Gallery
- Production Subtitles
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
This story was originally broadcast on BBC1 between 28th December 1974 - 18th January 1975